The 5 Best Electric Chainsaw Sharpeners 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
Keeping your chainsaw in its best possible operating condition is vital for efficiency and also for your safety. A dull chain can lead to difficulty in completing the jobs that you’re using the equipment for.
It can lead to an increase in jump backs which are one of the leading causes of accidental injuries when using a chainsaw. The best solution is to use an electric chainsaw sharpener to keep your chain sharp and ready to cut through any jobs that you are attempting. You’ll find the the equipment will perform at higher levels with greater speed and efficiency and you’ll also be reducing the odds of getting hurt because of equipment failures.
We’ve put together a list of the five top electric chainsaw sharpeners. You’ll find detailed information about each product in our review that will give you the information that you need to choose the one that will best meet your needs. You’ll find a variety to choose from. Our selections only include brands and models that have been thoroughly reviewed and found to be of top quality as rated by the people who have actually purchased the products, used them and have taken the time to give their honest opinions about their performance.
We combine this with our expertise to present you with the five best electric chainsaw sharpeners for your consideration.
TOP 5 Electric Chainsaw Sharperner Comparison
Best Electric Chainsaw Sharperner Reviews
Running to the hardware store every time your chain gets dull can be a time consuming hassle. Instead of buying a new one or going to someone else to have it sharpened, you can quickly and easily do it yourself with the Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener. This device is easily mounted to a bench for optimal performance and it can save a lot of frustration by preventing the need to stop because of a dull chain. It’s easy to use and will save you time and money in professional sharpening fees or chain replacements.
- Keeps chains in top operating condition with convenient do it yourself sharpening.
- This versatile unit can quickly and easily be mounted to a wall, bench or vice which will give you fast and easy access along with stability for enhanced safety.
- It is adjustable so it is compatible with most popular chain designs.
- The grinding speed is 4200 RPM with 60 Hz, 85 watt power and plugs into any standard 120 volt wall outlet.
- This model uses a four and a a quarter inch by one eighth inch grinding wheel with a seven eights inch arbor.
The Buffalo Tools ECSS electric chainsaw sharpener has been rated as being a high quality product that performs remarkably well. It delivers a great edge for chains and is convenient to use for anyone who wants to save time, money and reduce their frustration with dulled chains. It’s great to have around when you’re doing a lot of cutting. A few consumers were frustrated with the learning curve involved with this product, but they also remarked that once you get the hang of it, it’s very easy to use and it does a great job of sharpening chains of all sizes. It gets an overall rating of 4.3 out of a possible five stars.
Chicago Pneumatics is a well known and trusted brand name. Their products are designed and constructed to provide the very best possible quality for high performance and durability. The CEE chain saw sharpener offers the convenience of home chain sharpening at your fingertips. It eliminates the needs to go to a professional sharpening service and saves money in sharpening costs or chain replacement. Enjoy greater convenience and less frustration with this high quality electric sharpener.
- This sharpener mounts easily to a wall, bench or vice for chain sharpening convenience.
- It operates at 4200 RPM for a powerful grinding speed.
- Safety is enhanced with the addition of a large safety guard mounted on the side.
- Chain rotation rollers advance the links in the chain for faster, safer and more powerful chain sharpening.
- This sharpener will help to extend the life of your chainsaw by improving your cutting power with a simple fast and effective sharpening system that is right at your fingertips.
The Chicago Electric Chainsaw sharpener gets an overall rating of 3.5 out of a possible five stars. This lands it in second place in our five top electric chain saw chain sharpeners list. While some consumers were not totally pleased with the design of this product, the majority found it to be an exceptional value that works very well to accomplish its intended purpose. While some complained about the overall design, others found it to be the best selling point because of the increased speed at which they could get their chains sharp and ready to go.
The XtremepowerUS offers powerful performance and a stable base for fast and effective sharpening of chain saw chains. This unit comes packed with features that are designed to deliver professional grade chain sharpening from the convenience of your own shop. This model is well suited for professional applications because it has the capacity to sharpen multiple chains in rapid succession. It also comes with safety features to make faster work a little safer. This product is intended for professionals and for do it yourself enthusiasts who realize that it is important to keep chains at their sharpest in order to get the best results.
- A powerful eighty five watt motor delivers all of the power that you need with a maximum operating speed of 4200 RPM.
- It is compatible for use with a variety of chain brands, sizes and models with a .80 inch to .50 inch adjustable capacity.
- It is easy to mount on a bench or vice with a table/vise angle of thirty five degrees left or right.
- This sharpener is designed with features that hold the chain in place with the brake handle for greater ease in maneuvering and faster sharpening times.
The XtremepowerUS is a popular model that comes highly recommended by consumers who have used and rated it. A high performer that is suitable for people who want a good sharpener at home, or for professionals who sharpen multiple chains on a regular basis. It is built tough to stand up under heavy use and performs at high levels. It doesn’t come with mounting bolts, but these are easy to find at any local hardware retailer. This product has been rated with a 4.3 out of a possible 5 stars and the majority of users recommend it to others as a great value for the cost.
Enjoy the convenience of sharpening chain saw chains from the comfort of your own home. The Oregon saw chain grinder offers convenience and can save you time and money in sharpening fees and the trips to and from the providers. High quality construction and loaded with features, the Oregon 410-120 Bench or Wall Mounted Saw Chain Grinder is the solution to the problem of dull chainsaw blades.
- This grinder comes equipped with a dressing brick with quick check grinding template.
- The package also includes three grinding wheels for use with a variety of chain sizes and models.
- This sharpener is compatible for sharpening one quarter inch, three eights inch, low profile .325 inch, and .404 inch pitch chains.
- It operates with 120 Volts ac power with 60 hz; 1.2 am and 140 watts.
- It is rated at a max speed of 3,500 RPM with 0.4 horse power and a one way motor operation feature for additional safety.
Customers rate this sharpener with a 4.1 out of a possible 5 stars. It does an excellent job of sharpening a variety of different chain saw chains. It’s easy to mount and easy to use. The only drawbacks associated with this product were the few shipments that came in with poor packaging quality and if you do a lot of sharpening, you may need a different model because this one is intended for occasional use. While it isn’t the most powerful model on the market, it is suitable for the now and then sharpening jobs.
Do the job of sharpening your chainsaw chains the right way with the FamYun Electric Chainsaw Sharpener. Save time and effort that you’d spend by manually sharpening your chains with this versatile sharpener that can help you to accomplish the task in less than half of the time.
- All of the power that you need is at your beck and call with a 120 volt motor operating at 60Hz and 220 watts.
- This model is compatible with most chain brands and sizes with a vice capacity of 0.80 to 0.50 inches and 35 degree vise angles right to left.
- The arbor diameter is ten mm and the wheel dimension is four inch diameter by one eighth inch thickness.
Consumers ranked this product with a 3.3 out of a possible 5 stars, which is a rating that is well above average. While some were not pleased with the plastic materials, this did not interfere with the overall operation of the unit. There were other users who experienced stability issues and had to make a few adjustments to compensate. Overall, the majority of users give this sharpener high marks for quality, value and performance and they would recommend it to others. This product has made it to the number five place in our top five electric chain sharpeners review.
The Best Electric Chainsaw Sharpener
Out of the five electric chainsaw sharpeners that we have chosen for this review, two rise to the top for having outstanding features that make them unique or different reasons. We’ve identified the number one electric chainsaw sharpener because of its superiority in popularity, ranking and performance.
The Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener is our top pick for your consideration. This is the product that we recommend for anyone who is looking for a sturdily built and versatile sharpener that will hold up under frequent use. It is easy to set up and although there is a small learning curve associated with operation, it’s really easy to use once you get the hang of it.
The Best Cheap Electric Chainsaw Sharpener
Our choice for the best cheap electric chainsaw sharpener is the XtremepowerUS Mini Electric Chainsaw Grinder Sharpener. This model ranks high on versatility as it is suitable for both professional and amateur use. It has the durability and capacity to sharpen multiple chains in short duration with speed and efficiency. It has been rated as delivering high on quality.
We do not want to in any way infer that this product is inferior to the others because of its low price. In fact, it came in as number three on our top five list, so the quality has been confirmed by us and by consumers who purchased, used and gave their feedback on its performance. Overall, it offers the best value for the cost and this is why we have chosen it as the best cheap option.
We understand the importance of regular equipment maintenance and chainsaws are no exception. They are tools which are used for a variety of landscaping and clean up activities and the safest way to use them is to maintain a sharp chain for optimal operation. This cuts down on the risk of injury and it also helps users to complete their tasks more quickly.
Using a sharp blade can also help to extend the life of the chainsaw because it cuts down on the wear and tear on the motor. It just makes sense to go with this option for the sake of convenience and cost efficiency. It’s helpful to have a range of different products to choose from and that is why we’ve chosen different types within the category.
It isn’t always convenient or cost effective to make frequent trips to get the chain sharpened. Some professional services are a little expensive and there may be a waiting period before you can get your chain back. Not all services are fast or reasonably priced. The best option is to have the ability to do it yourself.
Our best five electric chainsaw chain sharpener reviews are intended to serve as a guide to help you to learn more about each product so you can more quickly and easily find the most suitable option for your personal use. We hope that the information we’ve provided in this mini guide are helpful.