How to Choose the Best 10 Inch Subwoofer
It’s important to understand that a subwoofer is not the same as a regular speaker. Instead, a subwoofer specializes in playing low frequencies, so this type of speaker is popular with discerning music lovers who want to enjoy music in their car with the best audio possible. If you’re looking for the best 10-inch subwoofer, you’ll find that you have a lot of choice available. However, not all 10-inch subwoofers are created equal. In this post, we’ll explain how to choose the very best 10-inch subwoofer for your needs and budget.
Why Buy a 10-inch Subwoofer?
There are plenty of great reasons to invest in a 10-inch subwoofer for your car. These include:
- Better audio quality: A subwoofer is vastly superior in terms of audio quality to a regular car stereo. Most car stereos have little components which means they don’t play music with great quality. Installing a subwoofer means that you’ll be able to hear low frequencies far better.
- Reduced distortion: Regular car stereos tend to distort base notes if they are able to produce them at all. This is because the components are unable to cope with playing these frequencies. A 10-inch subwoofer will solve this issue perfectly.
- Saves your Equipment: Playing base through normal speakers isn’t great for them long-term and can cause them to deteriorate. A 10-inch subwoofer, on the other hand, is perfectly designed to handle base.
What to Consider
If you’re planning on buying a 10-inch subwoofer, it’s important to know which factors are the most important. Here are some of the most important things you need to consider when you’re searching for a 10-inch subwoofer:
- Cost: It’s important to work out how much you can afford to spend on a 10-inch subwoofer before you start shopping. You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a good product, and deciding what you can afford will help you rule some options out from the get-go. Be aware that very cheap subwoofers may not produce great sound quality. If you have a bigger budget, there are some very expensive options out there that come with great features.
- Power: You should decide how much power you want your subwoofer to take. If it can take more power, it will be able to generate more base sounds. However, this will mean spending more money.
- Sensitivity: The more sensitive the subwoofer, the more efficient it will be. This means that a more sensitive subwoofer can produce more volume, and you should look for as high a power number as possible.
- Voice Coils: We generally recommend buying a car subwoofer containing dual voice coils because they can be used with a wider variety of wiring systems.
- Fitting: It’s possible to fit a subwoofer into your car yourself, but if you plan to do this you should make sure that it comes with very clear installation instructions and with all of the parts you need to finish the job. It may be easier and better to hire a local mechanic with experience installing 10-inch subwoofers.
The Bottom Line
As a 10-inch subwoofer is a major investment for your car, it’s important to take time choosing the best product for you. Use the advice in this article, and be sure to check out reviews to make sure that other customers are satisfied with their purchase.